A VISION FOR TRING ATHLETIC
I have now been involved in the club for some ten months and in that time I have observed the on and off field activities.
I set myself 3 year targets to ascertain if I could add value. Throughout my career, which has involved setting up four new organisations, I have always been driven by effecting change to move each one forward.
My aspirations for the Club are as follows:
- To develop TAFC as an effective, community-based business, of which football is a major part, but not the only part.
- To create a business model which is an example of best practice in terms of corporate governance, coaching and team performance which will require restructuring the business entity to attract independent individuals on to a Board to add value and expertise.
To achieve this vision TAFC will need:
- To revamp the existing spectator stand to create space below to re-house the nursery group, attract other regular activities such as Pilates, Yoga, keep fit, education courses and become a hub for the activities of U3A.
- To change the playing surface from natural to synthetic grass, to accommodate circa 100 hours per week of community use and produce revenue streams.
- To create a Football Academy, attractive to girls and boys, which capitalises on the developing relationship with Tring Tornadoes, thus creating a seamless transition for local and aspiring talent to remain in the town.
- To set a standard in playing football and coaching so that TAFC/Tring Tornadoes are recognised as an example of best practice.
- To attract inward investment from both sponsorship and private individuals in order to solicit funding from the various football agencies and the National lottery.
Central to this will be a commitment at all levels to play the game fairly, to respect officials, to remove foul and abusive language from the field of play, to champion the commitment and contribution of volunteers and to strive to be the best at everything we do.